Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No time for a movie montage

So, a funny thing happened last Saturday.  It was about 11 am, and Mark and I were due at a wedding at 1 pm.  We were in Osceola, WI, just minding our own beeswax in our hotel room, when I decided to put my dress on.  There I am, wearing my pretty favorite dress, starting to put my makeup on, and lo and behold - the zipper splits right up the side.  I proceed to freak out.
Mark starts with, "you can just safety pin it."  I respond with, "I'm not wearing a dress with safety pins up the side to a wedding!"  Then we try to get me out, and can't.  We can't get the zipper back down over the split.  I start to think I really am going to have to safety pin the damn thing together because I can't get out of it anyway.  However, I am persistent, and I eventually slammed the zipper down.  Now it's really time to go find me a new dress.
I don't know if anyone reading this has been to Osceola, WI, but there are no clothing stores there.  I call down to the front desk and she says there's a Walmart about ten minutes up the highway.  She thinks there might be a ladies' clothing shop in Taylors Falls, MN (across the highway from the Walmart) but she's not sure.
Mark Googles "clothing" and sure enough, there is something called the "She Shop" in Taylors Falls.  Since I am loathe to shop at Walmart and will avoid it at any cost, I say we should go there first.  We are on the highway by 11:30, heading in the opposite direction of the wedding.


The minute we walked into the She Shop, I realized what was happening.  We were in the movie "The Sweetest Thing."


The Sweetest Thing

I'm really wishing we had taken pictures inside the She Shop.  I'm gonna see if I can find some online.  The best I can do to describe it is to actually use a picture from The Sweetest Thing and see if maybe you can see why I'm comparing it to the shop in that movie:


We *almost* could've gotten hats like these there, but it was a little more on the beachy/middle-aged women up from Florida side.  I found the one decent dress in there (actually, there was another one I really liked, it really was cute, I swear, but it was an XL) and after a quick run to Walmart to make sure there wasn't anything decent for cheaper (*shudder*) we ran back and Mark bought it for me.  Because the damn thing was $50!  Shoot.  And I had to get a scarf to put over it to make it look a little more interesting.

Anyway, so here's the final product:


Hmmm.  Can you see it better here?


Hmmm.  Well, anyway.  You can get a general idea.  Hey, I even matched the wedding colors of green and purple!  And I had just happened to bring darker green shoes.  I was pretty cool, really.

So that's my story.  If you're ever in Taylors Falls, MN, check out the She Shop:

424 Bench Street

It's that one on the left.  It won't disappoint :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! That stinks! The dress looks cute though. I love The Sweetest Thing....watched it more times than I would like to admit! I laughed seeing that still of their crazy get ups! ~Val

    ReplyDelete