Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Inspiring quotes

A week and a half ago I posted a request on my Facebook page for inspirational, chin-up sort of quotes because I needed a pick-me-up.  Some of my friends responded with some interesting ones.  Unfortunately, since I'm at work right now and I can't get to my Facebook page at work, I only have a couple that my friend Heidi sent me through email to share right now.  I'm gonna come back and edit this, though, and add the rest.  I wanted to save them somewhere and I thought this was as good a place as any.

"Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting." 
~Christopher Morley

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it’s about learning how to dance in the rain." -Vivian Green

All right, I'll be back with more later.  Thanks for those, Heidi.










Okay, I'm back!  Here are the rest:


The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life.
But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward.
How much you can take and keep moving forward.
That’s how winning is done ! Now if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth.
But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers,
saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody ! Cowards do that, and that ain’t you!”.
~‘Rocky’ Balboa



"Keep your chin up, kid." 
~Heidi Roufs, I believe.  :)


"Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song, a medley of extemporanea; and love is a thing that can never go wrong; and I am Marie of Romania."
~Dorothy Parker


If war is a gamble, love is a lottery. Both have ups and downs. In both apparent heroes can collapse. So think again if you think of love as a soft option - it calls for enterprise and courage. ~Ovid, from "Amores"


‎"Carve coherency out of the chaos" 
-Sonja Langton-Yanowitz's mom


"by the yard, life is hard. inch by inch, life's a cinch!" 
~Meghan Anderson


Meghan also suggested this poem, which I really did end up liking:


"Invictus" by William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gait,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

(text borrowed from Wikipedia)



She also suggested I watch some videos on www.itgetsbetter.org.  Apparently they work for straight people too.  :)


Thank you to everyone who came to my aid.  I thought it was interesting that nobody knew what my problem was, but two of the first four responses that came in had to do with love.  How telling... ;)

2 comments:

  1. awesome quotesHope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! i am also hosting a very cute giveaway! XO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bits of inspiration. I love "by the yard, life is hard. inch by inch, life's a cinch!" So true!!! ~Val

    ReplyDelete