Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm in love, and a bit sad at the same time

I think my font ends up being slightly varying shades of purple...

Anyway, I just tweeted something I had more thoughts about, so I thought I would write a blog entry.  I don't have any pictures although I wish I did, but I just don't think they would turn out very well.  I'd be taking a picture of the inside of a mug, and my camera is not that good.  I wonder if Mark's iPhone...ah, well.  I don't have the energy or the motivation to go to all that trouble right now.  I just wanted to get these thoughts out.

So, I've been having some stomach troubles lately and tonight Mark suggested something his mom used to make for him.  He said she had a mint plant out in the backyard, and she would just grab some leaves, throw them in the bottom of a mug, pour boiling water over it, and ta-daaah...you have mint tea.  I mean, duh, right?  He said she would put a spoonful of sugar (makes the medicine go down, oh man, now that's gonna be stuck in my head all night) in it so it wasn't overwhelmingly minty.

It's sad that this is such a revelatory discovery for me.  I mean, I never would've thought of doing that.  It's a very obvious, simple thing to do, but this just shows how far removed I am from the origins of things.  That was part of my tweet.  I don't even put mint and mint together to make tea.

Although I did, because it just so happens that I bought some organic mint leaves (in those little plastic boxes in the produce section, you know?) at Safeway yesterday.  We never have mint in the house but we do right now.  So I did it.  And it's wonderful.

I put a teaspoon of honey in mine.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment