Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas in Oakland

I'd been commenting to Mark about how people in Oakland seem less interested in Christmas than they were in Halloween.  It seemed to me like I used to see a lot more lights on houses back in Minnesota than I did here.  I was wondering if it had to do with the lack of snow.  Of course I'm sure that doesn't feel like something's missing at Christmas for people who've always lived in this kind of weather.
Then Mark and I discovered 54th Avenue:






And Fleming Avenue:







The pictures aren't the best.  Bear with me, we didn't have the fancy camera with us.
Anyway, I know the Christmas season is over but we actually stumbled across Fleming Ave on New Year's Eve, and I had to share these because these two streets were like hidden avenues of glowing happiness and love.  :)
Good job, guys.  I'm glad you were out there somewhere - I just had to find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment