Friday, August 20, 2010

Food

I'm eating a lovely breakfast right now and it occurred to me to write about it.  Vanilla yogurt, a slice of sesame Ezekiel bread (3 g of fiber per slice!) with peanut butter, an apricot and coffee.  I decided to take a picture even though it doesn't really need one, just because pictures make a blog entry more interesting.


I'm eating a lot more fruit since I moved here.  I'm not sure why.  I want to say it's because there are a lot more fresh fruit options here than in Minnesota, but I don't even know if that's true.  Of course in Minnesota, it's all imported.  You know what I have tried here that I had never had before?  A pluot.  I didn't even know what it was until I asked someone in a grocery store - a plum combined with an apricot.  Good!  Apparently there's just something about California that makes me eat healthier.  Or at least want to.  My three trips to In-N-Out Burger...count as a cultural experience, right?

Night before last I made individual cherry pies for the boyfriend and I.  I was a little nervous about it because I've never even made a pie before, much less little ones.  It turned out so brilliantly!  I was so excited!  So I had to take pictures.



So cute!!  I totally want to make them again.  We didn't actually mean to eat our entire respective pies, but...:)  Very hard to stop once you start.

Mmmm...I'm hungry.

1 comment: