Monday, August 11, 2014

Honeymoon Day #9: July 9th

Yesterday we woke up and had a big breakfast. Mark tried to make an omelet but it stuck to the pan so it ended up being a scramble with green bell peppers from Leonard, tomato and summer sausage. And the yummy bread. :) Then we went to Galloway Landing, which became my favorite beach. 

Beautiful sand, cool water. It was pretty wavey. There were several big houses along the road - it looks like that's where some rich people hang out. They weren't all done being built though, and Mark said one of them had a smashed window even though it was all furnished inside.

We swam, then laid out, then went skinny dipping (there were some other people there but they were around the corner - they had actually been at the restaurant the night before too) - it was Mark's first time! Then laid out again while he explored, and then went back to take showers.

I finally found a small conch shell. I slowly discovered I'd gotten really sunburned on my legs because I forgot to put sunscreen on before laying out the first time. I'm really regretting that.

After showering we went back to Max's for food. He got jerk pork and rice and I got a cheeseburger and fries. We ended up buying a 2014 Bahamian calendar that I had resisted at the museum the day before. Again, really good food. I also had two rum punches. :)

We stopped at the two churches in Clarence Town on the way back. One was under renovation so not interesting on the inside, but the other was great. Hance had told us we could climb up one of the towers, so we did.

the one under construction

The one we got inside - we climbed up that left tower

Four ladders in a tiny little space! 

The view at the top was great though, even though it was a little scary getting up. We took lots of pictures.
The view of Clarence Town from the tower

The view of the other church from the tower we climbed up

We went back to the room and I was in a lot of pain so I covered my legs in a towel and put an ice pack and some frozen vegetables on them while we watched TV. We left for Earlie's, a bar, around 9, to hear some rake 'n' scrape music that Shavonne had told me about, but when we got there we found out they'd cancelled it because they weren't sure about the weather and it was going to be outside, and everyone was going to Salt Pond anyway for fireworks and stuff there. We didn't want to go that far so we just went back to the hotel and I put a wet towel on my legs and we watched Cabin in the Woods finally. :) It was interesting because I already kind of knew the story and Mark kept telling me when not to look, so it wasn't quite the same experience as if we'd both been seeing it for the first time. :) Then we put aloe on each other and went to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment