Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Book

I just remembered that one of my first ideas (or maybe it was Mark's, since he's the blog idea master) for a blog was to record all the books I read.  I used to use a little notebook I got at Barnes & Noble (I'm a sucker for pre-printed notebooks) that was called "books i read" and had little fun lists interspersed between the pages asking you for titles and authors and comments - I could list which books I want to read, books I want to write, books recommended to me by others...I loved that little notebook.
Anyway, I filled it up and then was left feeling slightly bereft, and now, many months later, I'm thinking I'll start adding books to this blog.  I really liked the idea of keeping track of everything I read, and even though now there's a big gap from this lack-of-notebook situation, I'll try not to think too hard about it.  It messes with the type-A part of my personality.
One book I recently finished was "Southern Cross" by Patricia Cornwell.
Southern Cross (Andy Brazil)

As you can tell, I borrowed that image from Amazon, where it is available for sale. 
It was good.  I liked the character of Smoke.  His sociopathy was really interesting to me, and I was curious to see what he was going to do next.  I think she wrote her Southern characters really well, and given the comment from a reviewer on the back of the book saying that "Cornwell bring...a gimlet eye for her (emphasis mine) city" maybe that's because she's from Richmond, Virginia, where the story is set.  I liked Bubba as well, just because he was so dumb and quirky.  Overall, I recommend it for an interesting crime story read.

No comments:

Post a Comment